- USA Powerball lottery was first held in 1992. Since then, its format has changed several times, but the basic principles for conducting draws remain unchanged to this day. In the event that any global changes affect the rules or conditions of the lottery draws, you will immediately be informed of this through an announcement on our portal.
- It was in the American Powerball lottery that a system with two drums was used for the first time during the draws to extract the winning numbers. The number of balls in each drum has changed several times since then, but the number of drums has remained the same to this day. Now the format of Powerball drawing is as follows:
- The player chooses five numbers from 69 white balls and one number from 26 red balls;
- In the USA Powerball lottery, the minimum jackpot starts at $20,000,000 (before the crisis associated with the coronavirus pandemic 2020, the minimum size of the Powerball jackpot was $40,000,000);
- Lottery draws are held twice a week — on Wednesdays and Saturdays;
- The minimum odds of winning the lowest prize in the lottery are 1:24.9.
Note that the largest jackpot in the history of Powerball and all American lotteries was $1.6 billion.
How does the US Powerball work?
If you’re looking to purchase a Powerball ticket you want to make sure that you know how to get started, right? The process is super simple and we’re going to go over it right here. Players have to pick five numbers from 1 to 69 (the white balls), plus 1 number from 1 to 26 (red balls). These numbers are considered the regular balls and the Powerball.
In order to win the jackpot, you need to have all 6 numbers on your ticket. Missing a single number means you’re going to win a smaller prize (but you will win something even if you get only 5 matched numbers).
In fact, with the Powerball, you’ll win something if you match all 5 regular numbers and miss the Powerball. You’ll also win something if you get 4 regular numbers and the Powerball. You’re just not going to get quite the same amount as if you matched everything. That’s definitely something great about this game as well.
New Zealand Powerball
- The first historical draw of New Zealand Powerball took place in 2001. Since then, the rules of the lottery have changed a little with the aim of improving the conditions for participants in the draws. In particular, the size of the minimum guaranteed jackpot has been increased.
- Information on the main features of NZ Powerball:
- Lottery players have to select six numbers from 1 to 40 from the main set of numbers and one additional number between 1 and 10;
- The minimum jackpot is NZD 4 million (approximately 2.6 million US dollars);
- National Lottery NZ runs twice a week — on Wednesdays and Saturdays;
- The odds of of winning the minimum prize of the last category are 1:38.
Since the launch of the lottery, the maximum size of the NZ Powerball jackpot has been NZD 44 million.
Over the entire existence of the legendary game in different countries, millions of its fans have ended up as lucky Powerball winners, which is the dream of every participant in the current draws. For example, in just the American version of the game, more than 300,000 players manage to win the lottery every week.
The number of winners of the weekly Australia Powerball draw is no worse than the number of lucky US Powerball winners. And there are just as many New Zealand and South Africa Powerball winners, because in these regional lotteries, as in the leading Australian and American lotteries, people from many other countries participate. Every week, more than 1 million lotto Powerball tickets on different continents turn out to be lucky and collect multi-million dollar wins across different categories.
Given the enormous popularity of the legendary lottery in the countries of the draws and beyond, the gigantic size of the Powerball jackpot is a familiar and exciting phenomenon for draw participants. You too, can be among the winners of the famous game and buy Powerball tickets online right now!
South Africa Powerball
- South Africa Powerball was launched in 2009, with the first game of this most famous Africa lottery, which soon gained an enviable popularity in many countries around the world.
- Key features of SA Powerball:
- Players have to select five numbers from 1 to 50 from the first block of numbers and a single number between 1 and 20 from an additional block of numbers;
- The minimum National Lottery SA jackpot is ZAR 3 million, equivalent to approximately $175,000 US;
- Powerball Lotto South Africa draws are held twice a week — on Tuesdays and Fridays;
- The odds of winning the minimum lottery prize of the last category are 1:35.
The maximum size of the jackpot played in the entire history of the African version of the lottery was ZAR 103 million.